Jewelry Makers Network

A gathering place for jewelry makers to share ideas, make friends, & to have fun

Going to the Interweave Bead Fest in Philly on Saturday! Anybody else going? Looking forward to it. It's my first major bead show. Supposed to be the biggest on the East Coast. Why are all the bead shows out West? I wanted to go to the Bead & Button Show in Milwaukee but with the cost of airfare, hotels, etc, I just couldn't afford it! Any tips from other experienced bead show attendees???

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oooh, I think that I am going on Saturday too, and it will be my very first major bead show as well - I was going to try and go for more than one day but sadly life got in the way.
Let's hope it's not too crowded on Saturday! LOL!

michelle johnson said:
Oooh, I think that I am going on Saturday too, and it will be my very first major bead show as well - I was going to try and go for more than one day but sadly life got in the way.
I will be there. I'm taking "Color Wheel Basics" and "Head Pins, Ear Wires, Claps and Findings". Can't wait! It's a great show! If you can, I would suggest that you stay for meet the teachers on Saturday night. It's a great way to meet the very talented instructors and they will also have their kits on sale. Maybe we should all try to meet up at some point at the show. :-)
Sounds like a great time, and I'd love to go (I live only about 40 minutes from Valley Forge), but I have family stuff this weekend and can't make it.

I hope you all have a great time though!
Thanks, Hannah!

Hannah said:
Sounds like a great time, and I'd love to go (I live only about 40 minutes from Valley Forge), but I have family stuff this weekend and can't make it.

I hope you all have a great time though!
I know what you mean, Bizzee Bee....... I live in Corpus Christi, Tx, where I am lucky to have two, maybe three stores that sell beads, with a very small selection at that.......If we ever move again, it will be to where beading is a bit more popular than it is around here......I would wish you good luck, but I see from the date on your post, it's a bit too late for that......all I can say now is I hope all went well for you!!!
(believe it or not, I just discovered the forum page on this website...what is wrong with me??!!)
I had a fabulous time at the bead fest in Philly! Got lots of great ideas and pretty much held to my budget! LOL!
I work in the only bead store in our city so I'm lucky to get first crack at all the new stock coming in. We host a new trunk show every month with tons of new stock. September is a fresh water pearl trunk show and I love pearls!!!

Melek said:
I know what you mean, Bizzee Bee....... I live in Corpus Christi, Tx, where I am lucky to have two, maybe three stores that sell beads, with a very small selection at that.......If we ever move again, it will be to where beading is a bit more popular than it is around here......I would wish you good luck, but I see from the date on your post, it's a bit too late for that......all I can say now is I hope all went well for you!!!
(believe it or not, I just discovered the forum page on this website...what is wrong with me??!!)
Hi Michelle! So what did you think of the bead fest??? I had a great time!

michelle johnson said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Karen Ferrante.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service